In the primary grades, we focus on the development of fine motor skills and art recognition. Students learn how to safely and effectively use art tools and media such as brushes, pencils, paint and clay. They begin to see art in their own homes and communities, eventually expanding around the world.
- Clean up after self.
- Follow oral instructions.
- Accept responsibility for actions/ work/ space.
- Take pride in completed work.
- Be able to talk to the teacher about concerns at appropriate times.
- Start work immediately and stay on task.
- Use teacher-approved resources before asking the teacher for help.
*These are just some of the school-wide expectations that will be especially employed in art class.