In the elementary grades, we focus on art as a visual language that brings people together and illustrates human events and ideas. Students will expand on their basic knowledge of tools and media and begin to pefrect their technique. They will also come to understand the use of symbolism and cultural influence on art.
- Be resourceful… be able to manage your time while working and after completing a task.
- Give and receive constructive criticism.
- Respectfully convey your point of view or opinion to others.
- Complete long-term projects by deadlines.
- Independently know what to keep and what to discard.
- Prioritize tasks and manage time at home and school.
*These are just some of the school-wide expectations that will be especially employed in art class.